We are excited to announce the launch of our second Google Docs tutorial, Google Spreadsheets, which covers Google’s Spreadsheets application for storing and organizing data. The tutorial also includes lessons from our Google Drive and Docs topic in order to provide learners with the basic foundations they need for using Google Docs. Google Docs is a free, cloud-based suite of tools for creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more. This new tutorial focuses on how to create spreadsheets.
If you are familiar with other spreadsheet applications like Microsoft Excel, then Google Spreadsheets will feel familiar to you. It does not have as many features and tools as Microsoft Excel, but it is free and accessible from anywhere online through Google Drive. An advantage Google Spreadsheets has over Excel is an easier ability to share your Spreadsheets with the public and to collaborate on them with other users in real-time.
To learn more about Google Docs, visit google.com/gonegoogle.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to:
- Access Google Docs and manage your files in Google Drive
- Upload, share and collaborate on your docs
- Get started with Spreadsheets including the basics of working with cells and cell content
- Work with multiple sheets
- Create and copy formulas
- Use relative and absolute cell references
- Insert functions into your spreadsheet
- Find the data you need by Sorting and Filtering
Head to Google Spreadsheets to learn more. You may be surprised to find out that there are many different ways you can use Google Spreadsheets!